Getting a mortgage can be a frustrating and time-consuming endeavor. Even an “A” graded mortgage can take up to three weeks to process and approve.
That’s just one of the reasons we recommend getting the loan first (or, at the very least, getting the process started), before you start shopping for a home.
Not only will getting preapproved for your mortgage let you know how much home you can afford, realtors and listing agents will be more likely to want to work with you. Just as important, sellers will know you’re serious when you make an offer. All of which put the odds of landing your dream home squarely in your favor.
One more reason to get the loan first—it’s the most tedious part of buying a home. Getting it out of the way means you’re free to enjoy rest of the journey.
Here are some of the documents you’ll need to provide:
- Two years of tax returns.
- Two years of W-2s (or 1099s and your current year P&L statement).
- Most recent bank statements.
- Most recent pay stubs (minimum of 30 days).
- Copy of your driver’s license.
- List of all debts (credit cards, student loans, etc.)
- List of all assets.
Are you ready to get started? Apply online or call (877) 899-3614 today.