Mortgage Solutions Financial is a national mortgage company headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado. We have an excellent opportunity for a DE Underwriter.
Mortgage Solutions Financial is one of the best and most respected loan and mortgage companies in the United States. We operate just like a firm family unit guided by strong professionalism, expertise and excellence in customer service. We are dedicated to making the process of getting a loan as simple and straightforward as possible for our clients.
Due to our growth and success, we now have branches throughout the United States and we are continuing to grow and expand in anticipation of market demands. Mortgage Solutions Financial is privately owned and operates as a full-service Mortgage Banker. We originate mortgage loans in retail, wholesale and correspondent basis.
As a Mortgage Underwriter, your primary responsibility will be to make decisions independently with little supervision. You should be well-versed on all loan types. More precisely, the Underwriter will be expected to make decisions on loans scoring a “refer” through an automated underwriting system using a combination of expertise and investor knowledge. You will be recognizing and analyzing the different types of income and supporting documentation required for varying or unique circumstances (e.g.: self-employed borrowers, title report issues, derogatory credit and nontraditional income sources, etc).
- Has excellent research skills and ability to communicate well with all levels
- Can analyze data as well as review all loan components in the file for completeness, accuracy, and quality while ensuring that documents are consistent and upheld to company and industry guidelines.
- Possesses an ability to analyze risk factors that may compromise the overall quality of the loan file.
- Can review appraisals for acceptability for FHA/FNMA standards
- Has an extensive knowledge of all documents that would be submitted by a processor for a purchase transaction
- Can deliver loan decisions and loan conditions in a timely manner.
- Is proficient in learning and examining investor manuals to ensure compliance with all investor guidelines.
- Can apply and adapt to industry publications to stay current as well as be comfortable with frequent industry changes.
- Exhibits effective time management skills and can achieve/maintain productivity standards
Desired Skills, Experience and/or Education
- Five + years of recent mortgage underwriting experience (FHA, VA and Conventional) with strong agency guideline knowledge and an DE/CHUMS and/or LAPP/SAR certification (required)
- Experience with manufactured homes required.
- Knowledge of Closing, Post Closing, and Quality Control responsibilities
- Proficiency with automated underwriting tools
- USDA experience preferred
- Ability to work in fast-paced, fluid environment and be held to minimum production standards.
- High integrity and outstanding work ethic is a must
- Must have strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Position Type: Full-time