This position will work with our Compliance Manager to direct and coordinate the daily pipelines of the Quality Control Audit and Notice of Action teams to ensure accurate and timely delivery of tasks and responsibilities. The Team Lead will coach and mentor their team on all policies and procedure changes to ensure operating efficiency. The position will also manage loan updates and reporting for HMDA, ECOA and 4506Ts. The Team Lead is the team’s “voice” and serves as the first level escalation point for matters of concern. Performs all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations.
- Oversee daily pipeline of each team member for pre-funding quality control audits, NOAs (adverse actions) and 4506Ts.
- Manage Quality Control, NOA and 4506T inboxes
- Assist internal team and all other company departments with questions regarding quality control audits and procedures
- Manage loans for HMDA reporting
- Set clear team member goals and objectives and leads team to achieve defined success
- Stay apprised of industry specific changes, update continuity book and checklists accordingly
- Train, develop, mentor and coach team members through weekly team meetings and individual coaching.
- Respond to document requests for state/government and GSE examinations.
- Back-up team on auditing and adverse actions when needed
- Coordinate with Compliance Underwriter and Compliance Manager to ensure pre-funding audit workflow accounts for any potential findings in third-party post-closing audits.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and serves as a subject matter expert in providing guidance in the development, evaluation, and implementation of quality control systems
Skills/ Knowledge/ Behaviors
- Minimum 4 years recent mortgage experience required, preferably with auditing experience
- Minimum 2 years management experience, does not have to be mortgage specific.
- Proficiency with all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Knowledge of Byte, NMLS, QuestSoft a plus
- Complete familiarity with TRID, ECOA and HMDA. Basic understanding of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA and USDA quality control guidelines, as well as all facets involved in mortgage lending.
- Ability to adapt quickly to other information systems
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to multi task in a fast pace and stressful environment
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Professional appearance (business casual)
- Professional, courteous, friendly demeanor and excellent phone etiquette
- Ability to follow directions and perform work accordingly
- Must be able to pass background check
Position Type: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Travel Required: No
Reports To: Compliance Manager
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.