Retail Loan Processors play an integral part within the sales organization and serves as the company’s voice, partner and liaison to our customers. Our team members provide a superior level of customer service to internal and external customers. We take pride in the fact that our team members maintain a positive attitude backed by a strong commitment to the success of the team, reputation of the company and dedicated to finding the best answer or solution for the situation. Our team members are committed to adhering to the integrity of the company’s ability to sell the loan by following established guidelines, policies and procedures found in the Continuity Book and other company-specific resources.
The loan processor will work closely with Mortgage Experts to provide an exceptional experience to our clients. The processor will be required to complete tasks assigned in a timely manner.
- Represent the company is a professional and enthusiastic manner
- Review new loan submissions from Loan Officer.
- Verify loan is complete with checklist and accompanying disclosures, documents, needs list, anticipated or confirmed program/investor, and etc.
- Request any additional items needed from borrower to complete loan.
- Order and receive VODs, VOEs, appraisal, title, and etc. as appropriate.
- Input final information as applicable, for final loan submission.
- Submit loan to Underwriting upon receipt of documents, as needed, for a complete loan file to obtain a clear loan approval.
- Submit all documents needed to draw closing documents
- Ensure closing instructions and documents have been released to title before closing, ensuring a final settlement statement is issued to Loan Officer prior to closing.
- Submit complete files to Underwriting based on Investor and/or AUS requirements. Clears any conditions that require communication to the title companies, appraiser, employers, surveyors, etc.
- Coordinate submitted files to Underwriting & Closing to meet file expectations.
- Communicate loan approval from underwriting.
- Pipeline Management – update and track information in LOS with current and up to date information. Must track all items ordered, received and/or still lacking.
- Place detailed comments in the conversation log every time a file is handled.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Behaviors
- Must have demonstrated experience working with FHA, VA and USDA loans and websites.
- Minimum three (3) years of mortgage processing, underwriting, originating or a combination of all aspects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail required
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- A team player, ability to work independently
- Thrive in a fast paced, high production environment
- Readily embraces change
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
Position Type: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Travel Required: No
Reports To: Processing Manager
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.