The Appraisal Coordinator is responsible for using professional customer service, communication and negotiation skills to successfully perform quality control review of a valuation order (appraisal/mortgage product) in order to deliver a quality product to our customer and serve as a liaison between clients and vendors, including appraisers and real estate professionals. This individual will work independently to manage varying order volumes, resolve problems and adapt to changing situations.
- Assist Processors, Underwriters, Loan Officers and Brokers in tasks associated with the appraisal ordering and manage conditions.
- Review and manage the active pipeline with LenderX orders that requires reassignment, are declined, need action taken, past due, etc.
- Review and manage the active pipeline with the VA portal
- Maintain reports to track appraisal assignments from order date to final completion
- Maintain workflow efficiency through LenderX
- Maintain communication with appraisers through vendor management
- Track invoices to ensure appraiser payments
- Negotiate fees and/or turn times with Appraisers when necessary
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
- 1 year of appraisal/mortgage industry experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Demonstrated attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Solid computer skills required, working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Excel
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must be a team player, self-motivated and possess a positive attitude
- Personal initiative, proactive and willing to go the extra mile
- Able to interact effectively with internal and external contacts
- Ability to use good judgment and adapt to changing, fast-paced environment
- Confidentiality is required due to the sensitivity of information handled
Position Type: Non-exempt
Pay Range: $17/ hr
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.