As a nurse, you spend all of your time taking care of others. It’s only reasonable that you should get the same type of consideration in return when it comes to your own personal needs like buying a home. Are there first-time home buyers programs for nurses? Here’s what you need to know.
First Time Buyers Programs for Healthcare Professionals
Believe it or not, some first-time buyers programs are directed specifically toward nurses and healthcare professionals. Some focus on making home buying more affordable by providing things like grants, discounts, and down payment assistance. Others are designed to help homebuyers find the right professionals to assist them.
Here are some programs that we recommend looking into:
Nurse Next Door
Nurse Next Door is a national home buying program designed for healthcare professionals and those working in public service professions. Through this program, qualifying individuals may be eligible for grants, down payment assistance, and other unique benefits.
Some of the highlights of this program include:
- Potential to access up o $8,000 in grant money
- Down payment assistance of up to $10,681.00 for qualifying individuals
- No application fees or up-front fees
- Reimbursement for appraisal costs (up to $545.00)
- Access to MLS home listings
- Potentially lower interest rates
- Special discounts and reduced fees
You may be eligible for the Nurse Next Door program if you are a…
- Medical assistance
- Healthcare staff
- Dentist or orthodontist
- Med tech
Homes for Heroes
Another great first-time home buyers program that you may want to consider looking into is Homes for Heroes. This program helps nurses and healthcare professionals save money by connecting them with affiliated mortgage and real estate professionals.
Some of the benefits of the Homes for Heroes program include:
- Average savings of at least $2,400 for homebuyers
- Savings on lending fees, title services, and home inspection fees
- Specialized assistance that can help streamline the process and maximize savings
- Help with the entire buying process including pre-qualification, market analysis, home search, negotiating an offer, and completing a home inspection
- Specialists help buyers prepare for closing
You may be eligible for the Homes for Heroes program if you are a…
- Healthcare professional
- Military member
- Other type of “hero”
Get More Information
There are lots of great first-time home buyers programs out there! You just need to find the one that suits you best! For more information, please contact our office. Our friendly staff will be more than happy to assist you and provide you with the information you need.