Buying a home in Delta? Your mortgage lender matters more than you think.
Whether this is your first time buying a home or you’re a seasoned homeowner, it’s important to have the right lender on your side. Interest rates, qualification requirements, and programs vary from one lender to the next, all of which can significantly impact your financial future.
Furthermore, each lender has its unique processes, level of experience, and policies. These matters can greatly affect your buying experience and your ability to successfully purchase a home.
Below, we’ve shared some qualities to look for when comparing mortgage lenders in Delta.
How to Find a Good Mortgage Lender
Before we dive in, let’s talk about how to find a good lender to start with. If you’re already a homeowner, you may have had a lender you worked with in the past who worked out well for you. In this case, your job is easy; you can simply stick with the same lender.
If you want to change lenders or you’re a first-time buyer, you’ll have to go through the process of vetting potential candidates. To get started, you can do a quick search online for mortgage lenders near you in Delta. Or, as an alternative, you can ask your friends, coworkers, or neighbors if there’s someone they’d recommend.
We advise working with a lender who’s familiar with the intricacies of your local area. They should also have all of the qualities of a good lender – plenty of experience, proof of licensure, and good references.
Lender Comparison Checklist
Once you’ve found a few different Delta mortgage lenders you think you may be interested in, it’s time to start making some calls. Here are some qualities to look for when interviewing potential candidates:
- Communicative – they respond to you in a timely manner
- Experienced – they have been in business for a while and are familiar with the local market in which you’re buying
- Transparent – they are honest and transparent about their policies; this includes qualification requirements, rates, fees, and turnaround times
- Reasonably priced – their closing costs and rates seem fair and fit within your budget
- Licensed – they are licensed to do business in your area
- Reputable – they have a good reputation and can back it up with references from past customers
- Connected – they have a network of trusted professionals that work in your area who they can rely on to get the job done
- Responsive – there’s a designated individual or team of individuals you can go to when you have questions (even when your main point of contact is out of the office)
- Direct lender – has the ability to underwrite their own loans and get to closing quickly
Find Out What Makes Us Different
Mortgage Solutions Financial is here to help you get started with your homebuying journey. As Delta’s trusted mortgage lenders, we are committed to providing our customers with an above satisfactory experience. Call today to get in touch!