The world has become a place where everything is handled electronically. This is true even in the home loan world.
It isn’t always convenient to visit a lender in person and sign paperwork. This is especially true with VA home loans since some Veterans are disabled and/or travel isn’t easy for them.
When it’s inconvenient to sign in person, signing documents electronically may be a good option.
Signing Documents Electronically for a VA Home Loan
The Department of Veterans Affairs has made it possible for VA home loans to be signed electronically. This was implemented by the VA with Circular 26-13-13 back in 2013.
You should note that lenders are not required to accept e-signature, but are able to if the lender has the capabilities to receive them.
Signing documents electronically is an excellent option for those who can’t make it to a lender’s office or would prefer to complete the VA home loan process online.
Why Should I Apply for a VA Loan Instead of a Traditional Loan?
A VA home loan can provide more benefits for Veterans than traditional home loans. Some of the benefits will include:
▪ No Down Payment Is Required – as long as the sales price isn’t higher than the home’s appraised value
▪ Better Terms and Interest Rates than Traditional Loans – from private banks or credit unions
▪ No Need for Private Mortgage Insurance
▪ Fewer Closing Costs
▪ No Penalty Fee – for early loan payoff
▪ The Government Guarantees VA Loans
▪ The Loan Is Reusable – Veterans can use a VA loan benefit multiple times, so long as they qualify.
▪ VA Home Loans Are Easier to Qualify for – terms for VA home loans are easier to meet than traditional home loans.
▪ Funding Fee Flexibility – you can finance the funding fee required as part of the loan.
▪ Refinance Options – the VA loan program allows people with existing VA loans or traditional loans the opportunity to lower their monthly payment by refinancing.
Apply for Your VA Loan Today
Let Mortgage Solutions Financial help you get the home you have been dreaming of. We will help you with every step of applying for a VA loan. This includes making sure you are financially ready to buy your home, answering any questions you have, and helping you get a good interest rate. At Mortgage Solutions Financial, we are here to help. Contact our office today to begin the process of applying for a VA home loan.