Everyone is looking to save money. If you are in a difficult place financially, lowering your monthly mortgage payment can provide a huge relief. If this sounds like your situation, you may want to consider refinancing your home to give you that extra breathing room. Mortgage Solutions Financial is here to help guide you through the process.
Refinancing to Lower Your Mortgage Payment
Refinancing your home loan is a great way to save money on your monthly payment and interest throughout the lifetime of your loan. Refinancing is the process of replacing your current loan with a new one. The rates for the new loan may be lower and have different terms, helping you save money.
When Should I Consider Refinancing?
When to refinance all comes down to timing. You’ll want to do it when it will benefit you the most. Some factors to keep in mind are:
- Has your credit improved, allowing you to get a better interest rate?
- Can you recoup the cost of refinancing reasonably quickly?
- Are you looking to cash out equity from your home?
- Are you looking to switch from an adjustable-rate mortgage to a fixed-rate loan?
- Do you want to shorten the term of your loan?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, refinancing your home may be an excellent option for you.
How Do I Qualify for a Refinance Loan?
Qualifying to refinance your home loan is very similar to when you first applied for your mortgage. You will need to gather all the necessary paperwork, paystubs, bank statements, etc. Here are some of the factors that lenders take a look at:
- Income and employment
- The current value of your home
- Payment history of your existing loan
- How much equity is currently in your home
- Your credit history and credit score
- Overall debt
You will want to make sure you take all of this into consideration before deciding if now is the time to refinance your home.
Refinance Your Home Today
When the time is right, let Mortgage Solutions Financial help you refinance your home. We can help you with the pre-approval process and make sure that refinancing is a good option for you. Mortgage Solutions Financial will make it simple for you to go through the process of refinancing and answer any questions you have along the way.