If you are looking for a company that truly values superior customer service and doing what’s right for the customer, we may have the PERFECT JOB for you! Mortgage Solutions Financial is a national company (currently conducting business in 47 states) and proud to be direct lenders to Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Ginnie Mae. We do business through retail, wholesale and correspondent channels.
The Processing Team Lead works with the Processing Manager to direct and coordinate the daily pipeline of their processing team to ensure accurate and timely delivery of tasks and responsibilities. The Team Lead will coach and mentor their team on all policies and procedure changes to ensure operating efficiency. The Team Lead represents the company in a professional and enthusiastic manner by providing an exceptional and consistent level of customer service to both internal and external customers. The Team Lead is the team’s “voice” and serves as the first level escalation point for matters of concern. Performs all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures and all state and federal regulations.
Role and Responsibilities
Processing team members are required to complete tasks assigned in a timely manner. These tasks include, but are not limited to: the calculation of income, review of appraisal, title, assets, homeowners insurance and other documents related to the loan transaction.
- Oversee daily pipeline of each team member
- Assist team with questions regarding procedures, products and services
- Sets clear team member goals and objectives and leads team to achieve defined success
- Monitors the flow of incoming loans and daily pipeline balancing within the team
- Ensures loans are progressed through the system by following up on loans experiencing delays
- Collaborates with sales, underwriting, closing and funding departments regarding loans submitted to those departments
- Initiates, prioritize and follows through to resolution on all rush and escalation requests to other appropriate departments
- Communicates with all interested parties the update, status, and expectation on rush and escalation requests
- Generates and monitors the daily pipeline report for team and reports daily totals to management
- Pulls team performance data to monitor and measure productivity, quality and activity levels
- Train, develop, mentor and coach team members
- Provides direct feedback to team members and management on performance to aid in refinement of existing skills and serve as resource for team member training.
- Keeps informed of industry specific changes
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and serves as a subject matter expert in providing guidance in the development, evaluation, and implementation of processing system enhancements or process improvements.
Skills/ Knowledge/ Behaviors
- Ability to handle an active loan pipeline without sacrificing responsiveness, client satisfaction or attention to detail
- Detail oriented with the ability to set goals, meet objectives, take initiative and complete tasks within deadlines
- Works with other leaders to establish clear goals and accountabilities
- Cultivates strong relationships throughout the organization
- Collaborates with others to define problems and desired outcomes
- Evaluates the impact of actions
- Maintains composure under stress and pressure
- Recovers quickly from challenges and setbacks
- Able to multi-task
- Five+ years RECENT mortgage processing experience
- Minimum three years management experience (processing or underwriting)
- Proven track record of working in a face-paced, high-energy environment
- Analytical/critical thinking, able to anticipate problems and resolve early
- Knowledge and ability to take loan from submission to closing without oversight
- Complete familiarity with FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, and USDA guidelines and understanding of all facets involved in real estate transactions
- Mastery of DU, LP and other AU systems
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook, FHA Connection and other mortgage related systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Driven to go above and beyond what is expected in order to deliver for our clients and referral partners
This is a full-time exempt position, working from the Colorado Springs Corporate Office. Benefits eligibility starts within 30 days after hire. Benefits include medical (shared premium), dental vision, life (company paid and option to buy up), STD, LTD, Accident, Critical Illness, matching 401k (after 2 months with the company) and PTO (after 6 months).
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent
- Management: 2 years
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com